The Sydenham to Bankstown “Urban Renewal” project, which is centered on the proposed Sydney Metro, is focused on benefiting big developers, rather than meeting community needs. It will tear through the heart of our communities and redefine the face of our neighborhoods. It will not do nearly enough to improve public transport capacity and will be massively disruptive. Sign our petition and join the campaign for real and meaningful community input.
- Barbra Bloch - the Greens Candidate for Watson
Please sign the petition
Sign The Petition
Real Consultation for the Sydenham to Bankstown Corridor!Read the petition
To the Premier, Mike Baird, Minister for Planing Robert Stokes, Marrickville Council, Canterbury City Council and Bankstown City Council,
We the undersigned request genuine and meaningful consultation on the Sydenham to Bankstown Corridor by adopting the following actions:
1) Commit supporting the wishes of the residents affected by the proposed Sydenham to Bankstown development corridor, by
2) Removing the currently proposed Sydenham to Bankstown urban renewal corridor from public exhibition, and
3) Commit to real and meaningful consultation with the communities which will be affected by the Government radical development plans in the corridor, by
4) Setting up precinct committee's in each of the 11 affected communities along the corridor.
5) Undertaking a 12 month consultation period in each affected community, seeking the residents views of what the future of their suburbs should look like, and
6) Providing independent facilitation for each precinct as well as urban planning consultants whose role is to describe the consensus view of each precinct's desired future character and density.
7) Place the residents preferred view for the future of their suburbs on public exhibition.
By signing this petition you understand that SaveCanterburySuburbs may contact you with further information on the campaign.